Forum Niezależne Forum Prawicowe Strona Główna Niezależne Forum Prawicowe
Miejsce spotkań ludzi myślących

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Chris Archer has done all right for

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Niezależne Forum Prawicowe Strona Główna -> Wydarzenia kulturalne
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Bellroll33
Młodszy uczestnik

PostWysłany: Sro Sie 14, 2019 07:10    Temat postu: Chris Archer has done all right for Odpowiedz z cytatem

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Chris Archer has done all right for a guy who was cut from his seventh grade team and once told by a coach he would never be good enough to pitch in college, let alone the major leagues. The 25-year-old right-hander not only has a promising future with the Tampa Bay Rays, he will be paid well while trying to reach his potential. "Not making teams, being told I was never going to play college baseball, getting traded twice, and now Im sitting here in this seat where not many people ever get," Archer said Wednesday after finalizing a $25.5 million, six-year contract, the latest long-term deal the Rays have given to one of their young pitchers. "Having the ability to make my parents debt-free is huge for me right now. And just the willingness from the Rays to offer such a contract for somebody with under a year of service time is remarkable," Archer added. "It was definitely something I couldnt say no to. It was a smooth, easy process." The contract includes club options for 2020 and 2021 that could raise the value to $43.75 million. Archer went 9-7 with a 3.22 ERA in 23 starts as a rookie in 2013. Hes scheduled to make his first start of the season Thursday against Toronto. "Its a contract, and its guaranteed money, but I think its just the beginning of six or eight great years," Archer said. Tampa Bay has one of the deepest pitching rotations in baseball, as well as a history of signing its best young players to long-term contract early in their careers. Left-hander Matt Moore, a 17-game winner a year ago, signed a $14 million, five-year deal after making just one regular-season start in the majors. Archer gets a $1 million signing bonus and salaries of $500,000 this year, $1 million in 2015, $2.75 million in 2016, $4.75 million in 2017, $6.25 million in 2018 and $7.5 million in 2019. The Rays have a $9 million option for 2020 with a $1.75 million buyout, and if that option is exercised they have an $11 million option for 2021 with a $250,000 buyout. Rays executive vice-president Andrew Friedman said Archer has the talent to "develop into a top-of-the-rotation starter," as well as the work ethic and character off the field to ensure the Rays are making a good investment. "Its not only important to identify the talent of the player, but also who they are," Friedman said. "As much as were betting on his talent, were betting on who he is, as well." Archer was obtained from the Cubs as part of an eight-player trade that sent Matt Garza to Chicago in 2011. The new deal replaces a one-year contract agreed to in February that called for Archer to make $511,200 in the major leagues and $214,222 in the minors. The native of Clayton, N.C., was promoted from Triple-A Durham last June 1 and went on to lead AL rookies making a minimum of 20 starts in ERA, opponents batting average (.226), complete games (two), shutouts (two). He finished third in balloting for AL Rookie of the Year behind Rays outfielder Wil Myers and Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias. Talks on the new deal began during spring training. Archer said he consulted with a number of people during the process, including some players whove signed long-term deals early in their career and some who turned it down. "What came from it is never turn your back on your first fortune," said Archer, adding that he feels blessed to be in a position to make sure his parents become debt-free. "At the end of the contract, theres still room to sign another deal or extension or whatever it might be. From where I come from, this is more than I can ever ask for, to be honest." Archer thanked the Rays for trading for him after other organizations gave up on developing him. He was drafted by the Cleveland Indians in 2006 and traded to the Cubs in December 2008. "It seems like this was the first team that Ive ever really played for that really believed in me and was willing to wait an extra year or two for me to really turn into what I could possibly be," Archer said. $50 fake yeezy boost 350 v2 zebra . With the results, North America claimed 2.5 of the three available points, opening up a 17.5-12.5 lead in the overall standings. A total of 60 points are available, meaning the first team to 30.5 points will win the Continental Cup. Yeezys vs. Fake Yeezys . - Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin has cleared league-mandated concussion protocol and has returned to practice as a full participant. http://www.fakeyeezyshop.com/ . LOUIS -- The Tampa Bay Rays have placed right-handed pitcher Joel Peralta on the 15-day disabled list with an undisclosed illness. What are the best fake yeezys under $100 . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. Best Fake Yeezy Boost 350 . Peter Dawson took his long before he started the job. "I was playing an American one year at Oxford Golf Club, and he introduced me to this travelling mulligan," Dawson said. DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent wasnt drunk, as police contend, when he wrecked his Mercedes in a crash that killed a teammate, Brents lawyer told jurors Monday at the start of his trial. Brent was "guilty of being stupid behind the wheel of a car," not driving drunk on the night of the December 2012 crash that killed his close friend and teammate, Jerry Brown, defence attorney George Milner said. Milners opening remarks signalled that he would try to discredit evidence of Brents drinking central to the states case, including a blood test that allegedly pegged Brents blood alcohol content at more than twice the legal limit and dash cam video that jurors saw Monday showing Brent failing a field sobriety test at the scene. If convicted of intoxication manslaughter or manslaughter, Brent could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. Milner argued in his opening statement that the tall, lumbering Brent, who was a 320-pound lineman when he played for the Cowboys, could drink more than the average person without becoming intoxicated. "Josh Brent is as big as a house," Milner said. "Hes got a heart -- better yet a mind -- of a person much younger than he really is." Prosecutor Heath Harris said receipts would prove that on the night of the crash, Brent bought cocktails with several shots of liquor in them and three bottles of Champagne at a night club. Brent told officers right after the crash that he hadnt had any hard liquor. "This is not a difficult case, ladies and gentlemen," Harris said. "There will be no disputing the fact that he was drinking that night." Dash cam video played for the jury Monday showed an officer asking Brent about how much he had had to drink while paramedics were trying to save Brown, a linebacker on the Cowboys practice squuad who was also a teammate of Brents at the University of Illinois.dddddddddddd "Ive had a reasonable amount," Brent is heard saying on the video. The officer, Kevin Palms, testified that Brent had watery eyes, an odour of alcohol and occasional issues with speaking. The video shows a field sobriety test in which Brent occasionally stumbles as he tries to walk in a straight line and takes more steps than the officer asked. But Milner told jurors during his opening remarks that nobody could have passed a field sobriety test after such a fiery wreck. Brent suffered scrapes to his head in the crash, and the video shows him taking the test with a wrap around his head. "Nobodys going to be able to do the tricks on the side of the road" after a crash of that severity, Milner said. Milner raised several alternate reasons for Brent failing the tests: His size made it hard for him to balance, the powder from his cars air bags made his eyes watery, and the crash had a lingering impact on him. Palms started to grow exasperated as Milner repeatedly questioned why officers made him take the tests. "We gave him every opportunity to go to the hospital," Palms said. "If he says no, (paramedics) cant force him to go. Am I supposed to just let him walk home?" Brents attorney has argued his client deserves probation, and Browns mother says she has forgiven her sons college teammate and friend. But prosecutors have made Brents case a priority, and it comes on the heels of another well-publicized case in neighbouring Tarrant County in which a teenage driver was sentenced to probation in a drunken crash that killed four people. Brent, a defensive tackle, had played in all 12 games of the 2012 NFL season prior to the crash. He retired in July. Brown was signed to the Cowboys practice squad that season. ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Adres AIM
Reklama

Wysłany: Sro Sie 14, 2019 07:10    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Niezależne Forum Prawicowe Strona Główna -> Wydarzenia kulturalne Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: